Addiction has a broad impact on career, family, and living situations. Sometimes fear of losing the good things stops us from seeking the help we need on the road to sobriety. With intensive outpatient treatment options available, there is no need to wait and allow the addiction to slowly dissolve what is still strong in our lives.
Intensive outpatient programs offer many of the advantages of inpatient care while allowing patients to continue living at home and maintain employment or education progress. If you are able to attend regular sessions several days a week and have the emotional strength and support system to resist relapse, this option may be the best approach.
Studies indicate that IOPs are as effective as inpatient care for most individuals.1 There are several key factors to consider when choosing between inpatient and outpatient care.
Factors to Consider
Indicators of success with outpatient drug detox include environmental, physical, and mental factors. Your initial assessment with your recovery team may include questions about:
- The history of your addiction
- Co-occurring mental or physical health concerns
- Whether the substance in question is likely to cause severe withdrawal symptoms
- Your history with recovery programs
- Your personal goals and preferences
- Your career, financial, or insurance coverage situation
- Your home living environment, including children or elderly parents who need your care
As you consider intensive outpatient therapy, a sober and supportive home environment is important. Having that solid foundation will carry you from one therapy session to the next. If you live alone, your own ability and motivation to stay on track may be a deciding factor also.
What to Look for in an Intensive Outpatient Program
An established and innovative intensive outpatient program will include a broad spectrum of services designed to support and guide patients to evidence-based and holistic methods of recovery. Taking into account the whole person and the entirety of their life commitments allows individualized program management.
The BlueCrest Recovery Center IOP program includes:
- Identifying the underlying fears and resentments that fuel addiction
- Motivational guidance to create lasting change
- Cognitive behavioral therapy which establishes new patterns of behavior
- Individual as well as group and family therapy sessions to foster support systems
- Medication to reduce cravings and physical symptoms of detox
Simultaneous treatment for mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, and PTSD
A Proactive First Step
Choosing the right outpatient drug detox program should start somewhere other than a search for outpatient detox centers near me. The experienced team at BlueCrest Recovery Center will provide the opportunity to learn critical skills that will be the building blocks of a healthy and sober future.
Using a variety of methods to pinpoint the triggers and engage problem-solving techniques to cope with them, you can break free from addiction and experience life to the fullest. If you have been clinging to those things that matter most, take the best step to protect them. Reach out to us now to choose a positive plan for change.