No one struggling with addiction should have to go through it alone. At BlueCrest Recovery, we believe that family support is a key factor in recovery from substance use disorder.
Our family support program provides the resources families need to heal when someone is struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders. Through regular meetings and community support resources, the clients we help reconnect with their support systems while learning to live without substances. Get started in our addiction treatment programs today by contacting us online or calling 888.292.9652.
Family Support Is Vital for Recovery
When someone struggles with addiction, the entire family is affected. That’s why family members need to be involved in the recovery process. Having a strong support system of family members who understand the difficulties associated with addiction can make all the difference in successful treatment and long-term sobriety. A good family support program not only helps individuals overcome their addiction but also provides them with a safe environment in which to heal and grow during their recovery journey.
The Benefits of Family Support Programs
Family support programs are especially important for those dealing with substance use disorder because they provide an important opportunity for healing relationships within the family unit. This includes:
- Learning how to communicate better with each other – When families learn how to effectively communicate with each other, it helps to create a safe and supportive environment for the recovering individual.
- Understanding boundaries and expectations between each person – A family support program provides an opportunity to discuss and define boundaries between each individual, which helps to foster trust and respect.
- Developing problem-solving skills – Family support programs allow families to develop problem-solving skills and learn how to cope with difficult situations.
- Exploring ways to manage difficult emotions – Family support programs provide an opportunity for family members to explore ways to manage difficult emotions, such as anger and frustration.
- Discovering new ways of interacting that are healthy and positive – Professional help can allow families to explore new ways of interacting with each other that are healthy and positive.
Additionally, families learn how to identify signs of relapse so they can intervene early if needed.
The Family Support Program at BlueCrest Recovery
At BlueCrest Recovery Center’s New Jersey treatment center, we offer a comprehensive family support program that focuses on group therapy and community resources.
The family support group is offered to all of the family members and loved ones that are affected by the disease of addiction. The in-person family support group session is on Wednesday night from 6 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. We are also currently offering online family support group sessions on Wednesday nights from 7:40 PM- 8:40 PM. All of our family support groups are free. You are welcome to attend this support even if your loved one hasn’t ever attended our program as a patient.
Professional Help at Our New Jersey Center
At BlueCrest Recovery Center in Woodland Park, New Jersey, we have a team of experienced professionals who specialize in treating substance abuse issues, including alcohol use disorder (AUD) and opioid use disorder (OUD). Our team includes psychiatrists, licensed therapists, and other clinicians who have extensive experience working with individuals struggling with substance use disorder as well as their families.
We also offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services when appropriate. Individuals can receive medications such as buprenorphine that help reduce cravings while they work on achieving long-term sobriety through therapeutic interventions such as talk therapy treatments.
If you or your loved one is struggling with addiction, reach out today—we’re here to help. Call us now at 888.292.9652 for more information about our New Jersey center, or contact us online for more information about our services.